Our team of Marine Engineers is well versed with many PMS and Procurement software’s and we conduct onboard training on same. Our PMS audit team carries out the audit of PMS software usage and Maintenance activities performed on board.
• Collect information on all the planned and unplanned jobs done in past
• Separate unplanned maintenance from planned/ preventative maintenance
• Check your maintenance parts usage
• Check for the genuineness of updated jobs in PMS software
• Under unplanned work orders look for equipment that seems to be failing frequently or require a lot of unplanned maintenance
At the end of the audit the company should have a good idea of potential problem areas, where it requires improvement and where things are going well. This kind of information becomes more valuable as you keep repeating these audits – you can see if you are performing better from year to year. While reviews at shorter periods e.g. quarterly or semi-annual are also useful, a yearly audit can help smooth out performance fluctuations caused by seasonal changes.